Cyprus has a long history for an established shipping industry with well-founded infrastructure and services that enable the country to successfully meet the high demands of today’s globalised shipping industry.
One of the key elements is of course the tax legislation in Cyprus, which is one of the most competitive world-wide, leading to a strong growth in the sector. Cyprus is home to some of the world’s largest international ship management companies who have established their headquarters on the island, offering a high-level of professional services and Cyprus is now recognised as one of the most attractive shipping and ship management centres in the world.
We are in a position to assist you with the following matters:
- choice of flag and registration;
- transfer of vessels registered in Cyprus;
- transfer of flag to Cyprus and out of Cyprus;
- all related company law and tax matters
- issues of offering onboard Security Services;
- claims for loss or damage to cargo;
- disputes under shipbuilding and repairing contracts;
- financing, security and the enforcement of mortgages;
- problems relating to the employment of officers and crew;
- personal injury claims.